Reasons to Supplement
“You Get Everything You Need in the Food You Eat!”
That’s what you’ve heard for years – right? We know you have, because we heard it many years ago and we’re still hearing it today, although we admit we are really encouraged that more and more information is circulating that acknowledges the fact that even if you eat fresh organic foods and lots of them, there are many reasons to consider a sensible food supplement regimen – one from a reputable company of course – we’ll talk more about that later.
First let’s address the question “Why Supplement!” Food supplements do NOT replace good wholesome fresh food eaten at regular meal times! They don’t negate the need for plenty of quality sleep and they certainly don’t take the place of daily exercise. Bummer! So sorry to disappoint those who think they can burn both ends of that candle and stay up all night, or avoid that morning jog or trip to the gym!
They fill in the gaps caused by poor food choices, faulty eating habits and nutrient-depleted foods. Simply put, they supplement your food.
Think of it as real “health” insurance coming from the perspective of prevention rather than the treatment of disease.
Let’s look at our food! It’s not what it should be for the following reasons:
- Foods are over processed and many are GMO (genetically modified)
- Many chemicals, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners & preservatives are added
- The soil is depleted of essential nutrients
- Altered fats create free radical which damage cells
- Meats/poultry are injected with antibiotics & hormones
- Early harvesting, transporting, & storage of food reduces nutritional value
Consider the following additional reasons that can increase the body’s need need for certain nutrients:
- Accidents and illness
- Convenience foods
- Fad diets
- Food allergies
- Limited exposure to sunlight
- Oral contraceptives
- Poor digestion
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Stimulant laxatives
Sugar consumption linked to:
- Inability to handle stress
- Mood changes
- Behavior problems
- Tooth Decay
- Digestion problems
- Poor Immune System
- Heart Disease
Too much sugar consumption: depletes the immune system. Do you know that 12 tsp. of sugar will decrease the immune system’s ability to destroy bacteria by 60%. Start with a breakfast of sugary cereal, a pop tart, and the immune system is already operating below optimum.
Sugar depletes the nervous system. Critical vitamins and minerals that are needed for the nervous system are used up as sugar is being processed by the body. Sugar increases cholesterol. Raised insulin levels cause LDLs (the bad guys) to remain highly active, and keep the “good guys” HDL from being used.
The problem isn’t only with what’s IN our food or what’s lacking in our food. There’s more to consider. Chemicals in our air, water and personal care products that go on the skin.
- Many poisonings happen slowly by gradual skin absorption and by daily exposure to toxins in the air in the home. (Nancy S. Green, “Stop Poisoning Our Children”, The Noble Press, 1991)
- Poisons from carpet, furniture, plastics, dry cleaning, etc. A baby crawling on the floor breathes the toxin equivalent of 4 cigarettes a day from molds, mildew, fungi, out-gassing of carpets, dust mites, etc. (Scientific American)
- Every year at least 255 metric tons of hazardous chemical wastes are dumped into our nation’s environment. These toxic substances find their way to the water table. Many cancer causing chemicals are added to our drinking water to “clean it up”. Chlorine is a special problem. “Research indicates the incidence of cancer is 44% higher among those who use chlorinated water.” (Dr. Robert Harris, environmental scientist, White House Advisory Council, 1980) Flouride is added to, supposedly, “prevent tooth decay”. (a project that has failed miserable, and causes negative health consequences…..)
- “There is an increased evidence for an association between rectal, colon and bladder cancer and chlorinated drinking water.” President’s Council on environmental Quality, Dec. 1980
So to wrap up! Here are a few things to think about that can put you in charge of your good health and on a path to being Super Healthy.
- Eat a variety of healthy foods, lean meat and lots of fruits and vegetables, preferably organic, and non-GMO.
- Get to a healthy weight and maintain it. Exercise at least 3-4 times a week
- Drink plenty of pure water throughout the day
- Remove toxic cleaning products from your home – use only green organic household cleaners.
- Supplement your diet with NATURAL food supplements that contain NO artificial anything! They will help supply important nutrients you’re missing in your diet AND they help compensate for the chemicals that are invading your body through, food air and water.
Be sure you choose wisely. Select a company with a track record and reputation for integrity and longevity. We chose Shaklee Corporation – the #1 Natural Nutrition Company in the U.S. Shaklee has a long history (since 1956) of credibility, sustainability and products based on scientific evidence. Products proven to produce safe and dependable results that can be measured …products that we and OUR family have personally used since 1981.
Want to learn reasons to choose our Brand Partner?
You can find them here